1. Go to http://library.laverne.edu
2. For Books: Click on "Books/catalog". Use key words to search. E.g. "Marketing" or "Advertising." You may use the pull down menu next to the search box to limit your search to all books or just electronic books
3. For Articles: Click on "Articles". Select "Most Used" databases and click on "Proquest" or "EBSCO". Use key words in the search boxes, e.g. "marketing plan" and "automobiles" or "marketing plan" and "GM". You may wish to initially search for all items (scholarly as well as abstracts and news items). You may elect to restrict your search to "scholarly and peer reviewed" articles by clicking the two boxes below the search boxes before you click search. Be certain to search more than one database--the contents are generally unique to each database! I recommend beginning with Research Library (Proquest), then Business Source Premiere (EBSCO), followed by Academic Search Premiere (EBSCO), at a minimum. You may locate specific databases from the full listing of databases locatead under the "articles" tab.
4. For Newpaper articles: Click on one of the Newpaper databases under the Newspaper section of the webpage such as "National Newspapers (Proquest)" and perform a key word search
5. For Company or Industry information: Click on the "Hoovers" database under the Company & Financial Information sectionof the webpage. Use the tabs to search either by industry or by company name. Note: the database contains primarily publicly traded companies, not privately owned companies.
Sample Advertising Power Point
Library Databases for Automobile Research
Select "Industry Profile" and type in "Automobile Dealers". Information on the competitive landscape, products, sales and marketing, challenges and opportunities (SWOT analysis information), financial information, etc., is provide by U.S. or state.
Select "Company" and type in "GM," for example. Information about the competitive landscape (annual sales, revenue, etc.) is provided. Links to competitors are available.